June 28, 2006

Boredom Has Set In...


Being stuck at home on a rainy day is not a fun thing. What is there to do? Okay, I know that there are options like reading (which I LOVE to do), listening to music, catching up on e-mails or writing blogs, but if I want a little bit of relaxation where I can shut down the thinking process, there is absolutely nothing on TV! I know I'm thinking mindless, but drivel is not what I want. Soap operas begone!!! It would be nice to actually come across something halfway intelligent (see? I am even being nice by only asking halfway intelligent). Yeesh! In a world where reality TV rules (and I admit that I am a follower of shows like "The Amazing Race" and "What Not to Wear") is there no higher cognitive thinking on TV? Do the networks even know what that is? Can they even spell it? Even most of today's sitcoms are just...not....funny. Maybe I'm just getting (*gasp*) older...Okay, stop thinking that nonsense right now...I am still waiting for something really intelligent before my entire IQ disappears from watching what is now called "quality programming"...Blech!!!
.
Maybe I should just get back to that book I have been reading for the past month (usually finish books within 2-3 weeks....I am due).

1 comment:

minou11 said...

That's why I have invested in TV shows on DVD so that I can actually watch some great tv. Actually, I thought of you the other day because I saw "Life Goes On" on DVD (season 1). I think you used to watch it.... Either that, or can can get some great channels off of the dish or Videotron (the TV Tropolis station plays 90210, The Nanny, Grace Under Fire, Ned and Stacey...etc...)