August 28, 2006

Art, a Feast for the Eyes



I have already written about music and how it crosses language barriers. The same can be said about art (I am talking paintings and such). So, I figured I'd take a small moment to pay homage to an artist that I have been drawn to the last few years: Jack Vettriano. I have a copy of the print "Dance Me to the End of Love" (top left) in my bedroom. To me, it speaks of old-time romance and class. Yes, you've guessed it, I am a romantic at heart. I also happen to love the print "Back Where You Belong" (top right). The colors and poses just seem to really strip down to bare feelings (doesn't it just scream love to you?). Okay, okay, enough mushiness...Check out Vettriano's prints if you get the chance. There are some really good ones: Night Geometry, The Singing Butler, etc...etc...He has a nice mixture of passion and old-time romance. Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong era...

No comments: