November 14, 2006

Vacation Destination: Florida



My week in Florida is quickly coming to a close. I must say that the constant daily sunshine has been a VERY nice change from what I left behind. This time of year is perfect for me because there is absolutely NO humidity. I love it! The nice cool breeze, lack of humidity and daily sun were just what I needed after a hectic couple of months (new job, new home). It's been nice spending time with the family as well, since we only get to see each other once or twice a year. I'm glad that they have such a good life down here, but I am quite content to stay in my neck of the woods (even if that means I have to get through conditions of -40 with windchill in January every year). The palm trees are beautiful out here, but I could never trade my autumn colors for them. Maybe when I am retired...but that's not for a very LONG time! For now Florida will just have to remain a vacation destination :)

No comments: