December 31, 2006

Joining the Throngs of Married People


Yes, you read right...Yours truly is now trying to plan her own wedding! As of a few minutes past midnight on Christmas morning, I joined a group commonly known as the engaged. After the initial shock and extreme delight that I was asked to be someone's wife, I barely had any time to enjoy it before the reality of all the planning required popped into my head. You may laugh, but I went straight to Chapters on Boxing Day and bought a wedding planner and a book about how to find bridal bargains. This is definitely going to be quite the interesting year and I am both excited and a bit scared about tackling all the details. However, once the date is set (we are meeting with my church's priest on Jan 2nd to set the fall date) and the church and hall are booked, then the details begin...I must admit that I am quite curious to see what style of wedding gown will look good on me. So may styles and only one wedding (I would certainly hope)...Let's just hope that the journey is as easy as it can be.
.

My family is thrilled and is racking up quite the phone bill calling me up to talk about the upcoming day. It's kind of cute. It's a little sad that they are so far away and can't really go out and do the planning with me, but I will keep them up to snuff the whole way (that's what e-mail is for...plus you can attach pictures). Well, enough about all this, there are still people to inform about the big day. For right now I will just enjoy the fact that the man I love happens to love me just as much and was smart enough to ask me to give him forever and a day...

No comments: